Instagram is one of the best fun photo sharing social media app and also best photo editing applications that you can install on your android devices and iPhone. Instagram was initially developed by two entrepreneur and software developers for iOS devices iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch available only from Apple Store, Later after 2 years the app was developed and made available for Android devices too and now recently developed and released the Instagram for Windows 10 which is available from Windows Store. while third-party Instagram apps are available for BlackBerry 10 and Nokia-Symbian Devices
And Instagram was acquired by Facebook in April 2012 for approximately US$1 billion in cash and stock and joined with other Facebook apps WhatsApp.
Instagram is a top competitor to it’s rival Social sharing app SnapChat with 600 million active Instagram users at the end of 2016. And Instagram has been updated with many cool features, We will share here some best features of Instagram and will also share how you can download Instagram on your Windows 10 and Use Instagram for PC
Features of Instagram:
- Instagram offers many special effects to the photo or the video with number of filters.
- It also has many illusions in which we desire to look at.
- It supports hashtags which allows users to search through your profiles.
- Easy access, secure and more user-friendly
- Explore Tab: Will let you discover the new photos shared based on you locality and based on likes of your friends on Instagram
- Instagram Stories: This feature is just a copy paste from it’s rival Snapchat. With this feature the user can post the photos and videos which will last only for 24 hrs.
- Direct: With this feature you can share the photos directly with a specific friend. And the best part of this feature is that you can unsend the message.
Since Instagram was developed only for use on mobile devices and using Instagram on small screens of mobile devices is not so comfortable we should be using Instagram on Windows Computer.
Download Instagram for Windows 8 and Windows 10 PC:
Initially Instagram was mobile app only so developed only for iOS and Android mobile devices, So actually there is no direct way to use Instagram on Windows PC/Laptop until Instagram officially launched the Instagram for Windows 10 and Windows 8 recently, So there is no more hectic steps involved in installing the Windows version on Windows 10 and Windows PC laptops.
If you did not like the Official version of Instagram you also check the InstaPic app on Windows Store to use Instagram on Laptop PC.
Download Instagram for Windows 7 and Windows XP:
Instagram did not release the standalone desktop application for Windows 7 and Windows XP, So we have to use different ways to use Instagram on Windows 7 and Windows XP laptops. Actually there are multiple ways to use the Instagram on Windows 7 and Windows XP, I will discuss every step in detail so you can use without any problems.
Instagram on Windows 7 and Windows XP with Emulators:
Since Instagram is available for Android versions, The app can run on Windows 7 and Windows XP with the help of Android Emulators like Bluestacks. You can download the latest version Bluestack Offline Installer from here.
Once you have downloaded the application run the execution and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation on your Windows 7 and Windows XP computers.
After completion of installation of Bluestacks on your Computer then search for Instagram in the search bar and you will be able to download the app on your Windows Computer. And upload the Videos and Images to your Instagram Account 🙂
Alternate way of using Instagram for PC using Pixsta:
Pixsta is an excellent way to enjoy the Instagram on your desktop.it is formerly now an as instagrille.it has a good responsiveness over speed while using for the desktop.
you can resize your browsing style and windows for good effective of photos and videos
you all need to download from the pokki platform to the desktop client you can download it from the pokki official site.
These are some of the ways to use Instagram on Laptop and Windows PC.
If no method above is worth trying for you and want to use Instagram quickly from Computer then you can check out the Instagram’s Website Official and Login into your account and start using the Instagram and make a note that you are only allowed with some basic functions. Not all functions of Instagram are allowed from Website.
Use Instagram from Desktop without any Installation:
If you don’ want to install any app to use Instagram from your windows desktop and Mac Computer, Then this tip is for you.
Post Instagram Photos from Firefox Browser:
- Open your Firefox Browser and Open Instagram Official Website.
- Now open the Responsive Design Mode with Ctrl+Shift+M
- And you will be presented with the Windows as shown in below image
- Now select the Mobile Device to spoof from the available list as shown in the below image.
- After selection the Instagram page will automatically reloaded.
- Now Login into your Instagram Account with details and post the Images.
Post Instagram Photos from Chrome Browser:
If you want to post Instagram photos from Chrome browser, then you need to follow the steps one by one.
- Goto Instagram website
- And now open the Mobile Testing Tool on Chrome with Ctrl+Shift+M
- Once done the Instagram web page loads automatically for mobile version as shown in below image.
- Now Select your favorite mobile from the drop down as shown in below image.
- After selecting the Mobile Device the pages gets reloaded again.
- Now you can login with your login details. And post the image by hitting on camera Icon as shown in below image.
This is how you can post Images from Chrome and Firefox Browsers from desktop, This is not a perfect alternative for Instagram for Desktop as you can post only images and some features like DM are not available while using Instagram with this trick.
Here I will clarify some common doubts about Instagram:
1. Can I Upload Photos and Videos from Official Instagram website?
Unfortunately, you can’t, As mentioned above not all functions of Instagram are not available so you can’t upload to Instagram to from your computer.
2. Is there an Instagram Client for Mac?
Yeah, There are few third party apps available for Mac, From which you can directly post to Instagram. Like Flume App
3. Can I Create / Signup Instagram account from a Desktop?
Yes, you can create an account from Instagram.com with your E-Mail ID /Phone number.
4. How to login with Facebook Account?
You can directly login Facebook account by giving permissions asked.
5. How to Upload videos to Instagram from Computer?
Just follow above instructions to download and install Instagram app on your Computer and you can upload videos and Photos.
6. What is Boomerang App in Instagram?
It is a fun app to create loop videos and share funny videos with your followers on Instagram.
7.How to post a complete image without cropping photo?
You can download apps and to make your photo into a square shape, So you can upload without cropping the photo with your followers.
8. How to Disable Instagram Account?
If you want to temporally disable the Instagram account then you need to login into Instagram from Web Browser as there is no option from the app. After logging into the account on web browser click on Edit Profile at top right and you can find bottom of the page to Temporarily Disable Account.
9. How to Delete Instagram account?
You can delete Instagram account by going to this link and select the reason for exit and you can delete.
10. How to clear Search history in Instagram?
Open the app and go to settings and scroll down to the bottom of the settings and you can find clear search history option to clear your Instagram Searches.