Are you Apple product user trying to use the Facetime on your windows computer? You are in the right place, I will say you in this post how you can use the Facetime on your Windows computer.This is Facetime for PC how to simple guide.
If you are not aware of Facetime, then let me introduce the most used application by Apple users. Facetime is a product of Apple Company, This application is installed as a default application in all the Apple products, Facetime is available for absolutely free of cost to everyone. Facetime is used by many people around the world for a video conference with their friends and family members, If you are having Facetime you can also chat and can have a video conference.
And this is also used by professionals for the face to face office meetings around the world.This app works on the Wi-Fo and also the mobile data connections, So you are always free to chat with any facetime user without paying penny to anyone (Off course you need to pay for the Internet usage:-P )And the most important thing of this app is you can always be in touch with your family members with facetime.
This application can be used to chat and for video calls from Apple devices to Apple devices, Since this is not released by the company to other Platform devices using this application on other devices is not possible directly.
The main drawback of this application is the app doesn’t support the Group calling, i.e you can chat with only one person at one time.
Don’t worry you are in the right place on the Internet where you can access your Facetime on your windows laptop running windows 7 and windows 8 Laptop PCs, I will guide you through simple steps one by one that will help you in downloading and installing Facetime on a laptop and chat with other Facetime Users. Before jumping into Learning about using Facetime on Laptop we shall know the features of the Facetime.
Features of Facetime for Windows Download
- High-Quality Audio and video call on the poor network too.
- Great and Simple UI for easy and clutter free video calling.
Facetime for Windows 8 PC and Windows 8.1/10 Laptop PC
- Though we are not apple users still we have a facility to use Facetime in our windows.
- Requirements for face time installation:
- System should have a webcam facility
- 2GB RAM
- Bandwidth more than 512kbps for minimum best voice quality
Download Facetime for PC [Windows 8/8.1/10]
- Make sure that you have installed iPad emulator on your windows machine or else you can download it from the official website and install on your computer.
- Search for the facetime in the given search box.
- Click on it for the installation.
- The shortcut is created on the desktop after the successful installation.
- Now enjoy your calling with your pals on Facetime with high video and audio clarity.
Facetime for Android:
Facetime is not available for Android phones, So you can’t use facetime on your Android Phones All the methods you see on the Internet or fake, So be aware of what you are downloading to run any application which claims Facetime for Android.
I have made a list best Alternative for Facetime check them
- Google DUO
- Kik Messenger
- Telegram Messagenger
Do I need to have an iPhone to use Facetime?
Yes, Since this application is built only for Apple products like iPhone, iPad and other Apple Products, And it’s not compulsory you need to have iPhone to use Facetime, You can use from any other Apple Device too. But if you are looking for a way to use Facetime on non-Apple products like on Windows Laptop then you must use Apple device emulators on Windows laptop to run as described in the above post.
Is Facetime calls free?
Yes. It is completely free, You need to pay only for the data connection that the app will be using.
Is Facetime Available in my Country?
Yes Facetime is available in every country around the globe, You can use Facetime on your devices without any problem and call anyone using face time in any other country around the Globe
What is the call Quality of Facetime calls?
The call quality of Facetime calls is very good, You need to have a proper and stable Internet connection to make calls with high quality, It is always recommended to call over the WiFi network with good signal strength.
1. FaceTime does not the work his problem is caused by not having the latest update of your devices. FaceTime devices deal with some problems in the past due to expired certificates that were fixed in an update.
This problem is caused by not having the latest update of your devices. FaceTime devices deal with some problems in the past due to expired certificates that were fixed in an update.
Solution: Check and make sure that all FaceTime devices are up-to-date on the software end. If not, update them.
2. FaceTime update still not working sometimes, the reasons for the software not working are not as complicated as we think. So, take a deep breath and analyse what could be wrong with your device settings or permissions that may be causing this error. The most common cause of the problem is that FaceTime was never active on the device in the first half resulting in its inability to work.
Sometimes, the reasons for the software not working are not as complicated as we think. So, take a deep breath and analyze what could be wrong with your device settings or permissions that may be causing this error. The most common cause of the problem is that FaceTime was never active on the device in the first half resulting in its inability to work.
Solution: Go to FaceTime Settings and enable the FaceTime application.
3. FaceTime call failed
There are several reasons that can lead to failure to make a call. These include lack of FaceTime in your country, a weak internet connection or having FaceTime disabled on your device. Other reasons may include having Camera or FaceTime restricted on your iPhone by accident or otherwise.
1. go to FaceTime settings and check if FaceTime is enabled. If not, allow If however, was already enabled, try disabling first and then allowing it again.
2. Go to General Restrictions settings and check if the camera and FaceTime have been limited.
3. If the problem persists, turn off the iPhone and then turn it on again.
4. iMessage waiting for activation
This is a common problem that results from incorrectly setting date and time settings or invalid cell or Wi-Fi connection. Users facing this problem, a message saying “iMessage waiting for activation” just to get the “activation of iMessage failed” shortly after.
1. Make sure your Wi-Fi connection and the cellular connection is valid and active. Also, check your Apple ID to see if it is valid and check the date and time settings.
2. go to settings messages and activate iMessages and deactivate.
3. If the problem persists, turn off the iPhone and then turn it on again.
5. FaceTime shows error
You get an error while trying to activate FaceTime saying “I could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again”? This dangerous looking problem is caused by some very basic issues like an Apple Id that does not follow the standard format of an email address. Weak internet connection can also be a cause of the FaceTime signal in error.
1. If your Apple ID is not in the standard email format, convert it to one or get a new Apple ID. Try signing with the new ID, you will easily find signed in FaceTime.
2. Change the DNS settings to Google’s public DNS ie 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11 and try to sign up for FaceTime once again.
6. can not connect to a person on FaceTime
The most likely cause of not being able to connect to another person on FaceTime is to add them to your blocked list accidentally.
Solution: Go to Locked FaceTime Settings and check if the desired contact appears in the blocked list. If so, unlock them by clicking the red icon right next to their name.
7. Unable to receive iMessages on iPhone 6
Everything seems fine but you are still unable to receive iMessages on the iPhone 6? Well, this may have caused due to a defective network configuration that can be easily addressed with the method explained later.
Solution: Go to General Settings Reset Restore Network Settings and let the iPhone do its thing. Once you restart and connect to a network, you will be able to receive iMessages normally.
8. FaceTime does not work on iPhone 6
If you still have problems with FaceTime on the iPhone 6, it is high time that you did a thorough examination of the problem.
1. Disable FaceTime and switch to airplane mode.
2. Turn on Wi-Fi and turn on FaceTime too.
3. Disable plane mode, if you are prompted for the Apple Id, provide it and little FaceTime will start working on the iPhone 6.
9. Ported FaceTime themes
Switching operators on an iPhone can also sometimes result in problems with the operation of FaceTime. If this happens, contact your operator and inform them of the problem. In most cases, changing the sim card solves the problem very easily.
10. FaceTime does not work in my country
Some countries like Saudi Arabia do not have FaceTime for iPhone users. If you are in that country, you may have to look for some alternatives as in most cases, iPhones to such regions also lack the FaceTime application installed on them.
11. The FaceTime application is missing
FaceTime is not available worldwide so the FaceTime application does not come preinstalled on all iOS devices. So, if FaceTime is not available in your country, unfortunately, you will not have a FaceTime application preinstalled, you will not work around this problem and all you can do is check the source of your purchase device to see if it is going to Have the FaceTime app or not.