After being presented at the Google I / O 2016, Duo and Allo were configured as two more applications within the Android ecosystem that came to become alternative messaging and video calling app. The company announced it on announced it on 18 of may 2016, Google had intended to launch Duo soon on Google Play. While we know nothing of Allo, Duo is now available in the apk market.
According to the sources, the Google company has done a couple of announcements a few days back regarding the updates. So this update spoke about the upgrade a new app called the “Google Duo” which seems to be similar to WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Facetime. There are many video calling apps on the market, including Skype and Facebook Messenger, among others. Even Google already has Hangouts for video calls, as well as chat.
True, Google already has Hangouts as an app for video calls running on different platforms and device classes. However, Google Duo APK is verified through your phone number instead of your email account. In addition, Google Duo offers better call quality and is easier to use.
Analysis of Google Duo Apk and its features :
First impression :
There are many video calling apps on the market, including Skype and Facebook Messenger, among others. Even Google already has Hangouts for video calls, as well as chat.
However, the great advantage is that Google Duo is very simple to use and does not depend on your Google Account, but your phone number. In addition, although it is very similar to FaceTime on the iPhone and Apple devices, Duo also works on Android.
Google Duo apk version will work on all types of network operators. During the time I tried it, the call quality was actually higher than that generally provides Hangouts, and although the images are pixelate when I disconnected from Wi-Fi to use the cellular network, the sound quality remained relatively similar. So the company claims that the app will automatically change the quality of sound and video according to the mobile connection user currently having.
And the most interesting part is this app is built out to be only 5MB in size! Not consuming much of your data space. Also, the Knock Knock function did not always work despite calling Android to Android, so we still have some things to improve on the basic front.
It is true that Google Duo differs slightly Hangouts, but I’m not sure if this difference really makes it worthwhile to download another app to use something that we had been using for years. In addition, it is necessary that your friends also download Duo to start it to use.
Duo could be more useful if all Android phones bring this app pre-installed, as often happens with Hangouts. Suddenly, Google plans to do this with Android 7.0 Nougat. Also along with this, we can find a list of features of this app but what makes it more unique is its speed.
Some cool features you need to know about Google Duo APK:
- Knock Knock : When a person calls you they can view live video before answering. i.e This exclusive feature provides you with a preview of who is calling you on the lock screen.
- Transition between Wi-Fi and cellular connection: Google Duo lets you connect and disconnect from a Wi-Fi network and the cellular network of your phone without disconnecting the call.
- The image quality depends on the connection you have.
- Duo only allows calls between two people.
- All calls are encrypted.
- You do not need a Google account to use Duo.
- It is necessary that the person you are calling has installed the app Duo.
- Duo is compatible with Android Jelly Bean (4.2) and above, as with iOS 9 and above.
- Google Duo is available in 78 languages.
- You can block phone numbers Settings> Blocked numbers.
- knock knock only works on the Android lock screen. In iOS you need to open app.
- You can only receive knock knock people in your contacts.
- You can completely disable knock knock Settings, if u wish to.
Duo vs Google Hangouts: What are the differences?
While Duo use your phone number to verify your account, Hangouts use your Google account. You need to have Duo or Hangouts for video calls between mobile devices, but Hangouts also allows use this function from a computer without downloading an app (only Gmail and Google+ entering, among other services of the company).
- Hangouts can be used to chat only, not Duo.
- knock knock feature only works with Duo.
- Duo only allows calls between two people while Hangouts allows group calls.
- Duo offers greater security, as it has full encryption.
- Google Duo offers more stability in video calls and promises to offer better quality.
- Both apps are free and available for iOS and Android.
- Duo interface is simpler, since it only provides the function to make video calls.
- Google Hangouts will continue to exist despite Duo, but will focus more on communication and group video chat.
This app definitely have some great features and sure will be of great use, no app till date has come up with video calling feature on the cellular network with the quality it has. Stay tuned to know more about the release of this app!